Frequently Asked Questions

You have questions, We have answers

A Notary Public is an official of integrity appointed by state government to serve the public as an impartial witness in performing a variety of official fraud-deterrent acts related to the signing of important documents.

Yes. Your collision and comprehensive insurance coverages are transferable to a substitute rented or borrowed private passenger auto that is damaged while it is being operated by you or members of your household with the consent of the owner. There is no coverage under your policy for family friends or significant others. You should be aware that your coverage is available only if you rent or borrow a private passenger auto in the United States or Canada. You should also be aware that your policy does not provide coverage for a borrowed or rented truck. If you are renting a truck, you should check with the rental company regarding the purchase of collision and comprehensive insurance. If you are borrowing a truck, make sure you determine whether or not the owner has purchased collision or comprehensive coverage. If the owner does not have insurance, you may be personally liable for any damage to that truck which is the result of your negligent operation. If the use is for business rather than pleasure, call us. Business use is usually not covered under your personal auto insurance policy.

Yes, if you have comprehensive insurance you are covered for the full amount of the loss, unless you opted for a $100 deductible for glass breakage. The $300, $500, or $1000 deductible, or whatever you may have selected for comprehensive coverage, does not apply to a glass loss.

You will be issued a surcharge, under the Merit Rating Plan, if you are involved in an auto accident in which your insurance company:
– Determines that you are more than 50% at-fault
– Pays out more than $500.00 on the claim and,
– You fall into one of the Standard of Fault categories

Yes. If you believe that you are not more than 50% at-fault for an accident in which you received a surcharge, you may appeal the motor vehicle accident surcharge to the Division of Insurance Board of Appeal.

Under Massachusetts law, you are considered to be at-fault for an accident if your driving behavior at the time of the accident was more than 50% of the reason for the accident.

Business insurance coverage for a commercial operation can include the following and more:

General liability insurance: Covers third party liability claims for injuries to other people.
Professional liability and malpractice insurance: Covers professionals against loss due to negligent professional duty, wrongful acts, and advice and services that lead to another person’s loss or injury.
Product liability insurance: Covers against faulty products and damage, illness, injury or death that may occur from using a faulty product.
Property insurance: Covers loss and damage to your commercial business property due to fires, storms and other causes.
Commercial vehicle insurance: Covers commercial vehicles and drivers for collision, liability, property damage, personal injury and “comprehensive” (now known as “other than collision”).
Workers compensation: Covers your employees if they become ill or injured while working on the job.
Loss of income: Covers your business expenses such as rent and employee wages if you can’t operate your business.
Key person insurance: Covers loss of income that may result from the head of the business or other key personnel becoming incapacitated or passing away (also known as key man insurance).
Cyber-crime insurance: Provides protection for risks due to Internet use and online communications.
Records retention policies: Covers loss of important data and financial records.
Specialty coverage: Insurance that covers various specific business risks, such as those of andlords, farmers, and commercial operations that put on one-day events, such as seminars or concerts.

Not seeing what you were looking for? Get in contact with us -- we can discuss the goals you have and see how we can help you.

Contact UsGet a Free Quote